Earlier this year I had a chance to give a talk at the Duke Startup Challenge, Duke’s annual $50,000 startup competition. As part of the program, I talked with several students to learn about entrepreneurial initiatives on Duke’s campus. Locally, I’ve been thinking about Georgia Tech and how to get more startup activity on campus (albeit I don’t have a good feel for Georgia Tech since I never attended but I do it as a big opportunity for Atlanta).
Here are some ideas to promote entrepreneurship on college campuses:
- Annual startup competition with prize money (Rice has the largest prize money of any school)
- Student business incubator (Duke has DUHatch)
- Technology incubator that isn’t associated with students (Georgia Tech has ATDC)
- Advertising program to promote successful alumni entrepreneurs (flyers, website, press releases, etc)
- Entrepreneurship week on campus with a number of events
View original post 84 more words